STATESVILLE, N.C. - Dual pressure Tier 4i-compliant air compressors from Doosan Portable Power - P425/HP375WCU, HP450/VHP400WCU and P600/XP535WCU - are cutting fuel costs by an average of 10 percent over previous models. A thermostatically controlled clutch-driven cooling fan, which engages only when required by higher operating temperatures, helps maximize fuel efficiency on the new models.
“The significant fuel savings provided by these Tier 4i-compliant compressors create a considerable reduction in cost of ownership over the lifespan of these units,” said Rus Warner, manager, global air products.
In addition to the benefits of fuel and operational efficiency, these units include additional features offering increased productivity, reliability and durability:
• A recently reengineered cooling fan that significantly reduces operation noise, cutting noise levels by up to 5 dBA compared to past models.
• Fuel tank capacities of 60 - 75 gallons, which translates to nine to 11 hours of runtime at 100 percent load.
• An optional aftercooler and IQ filtration system providing cleaner, drier air and system protection.
• A bolted-on A-frame drawbar creating improved towing stability.
• Easy-to-access service points and simplified wiring and piping for easier servicing and maximized unit lifespan.
The balance of productivity and fuel efficiency make these models ideal for a variety of applications, including operating hand-held air tools, sandblasting, painting, sprinkler or irrigation line blow-out, cable laying and pipeline testing.
These units offer operators the ability to select low airflow and high pressure or low pressure and high airflow via the flick of a switch - allowing rental companies the ability to meet multiple customer demands or job application requirements with one unit. Models are capable of delivering airflow ranging from 375 to 600 cfm, with pressures ranging from 100 to 200 psi, dependent upon the model.
All models are powered by Cummins QSB Tier 4i engines with DOC-only emissions technology, providing rental companies the added value of a compact design, less maintenance and no regeneration cycles.
Also included is a state-of-the-art MidPort control panel with digital display. Using a simple scrolling feature, operators can view information on 18 commonly used parameters, including airend temperature, percent fan speed, engine load and oil pressure. Electronically driven analog gauges report basic information at a glance, including oil pressure, air pressure, coolant temperature and fuel levels.